Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An Intro to Interning

It is really important to have your own blog. That was the ablsolutely first thing that I learned at my internship with Keiko Lynn at Postlapsaria. I've never actually blogged before, and to tell you the truth, I'm a little nervous. People are going to see this! However, I understand that this is an important part of marketing, communicating, and figuing out who I am and where I want to go in life. It will be amazing to look at these blogs down the road and see what progress I have made. Really, it's about time that I put myself out there. I guess I just needed a push. Thanks.

I can't wait to learn how to sew! I think that Keiko is so wonderful to be teaching me. Today, I had to get the hang of threading the serger. Those needle holes are so tiny! I also practiced using the serger, and Keiko nicely helped me when I managed to jam it a few times.

I was surprised that I got to do so much today! I even got to model one of Keiko's dresses, even though the snow was of no help. You know what did help though? Funfetti cupcakes!

I had such a great time today. I just hope that it won't be long until I can be a really useful intern at Postlapsaria.

No comments: