Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wow. A New Shirt


I must admit, I am pretty amazed. Today, Keiko showed me how to make a shirt. She cut out the pieces and sewed it all together in about 30 minutes. I took 3 hours, but that is definitely okay. It was my first ever garment! I still have a lot of practice ahead of me. Keiko had me make a shirt with a big shoulder bow and a cowl neck. I thought that I did a pretty good job for my first time. A few things that I had trouble with were forgetting to change the tension on the machines for certain parts of the garment, sewing the wrong edge of the fabric, and sewing on the cowl neck. Keiko actually finished the cowl neck for me after my many attempts, so I hope that I will be able to do it next time.

I couldn't wait to wear it, so I put it on for my friend's performance. Three people told me how much they loved my shirt. After I told them I'd made it, they said that the would love for me to make them one. That makes me feel so good! I can't wait to get better!

No comments: