Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jump Around

It was a busy day today with Keiko! I spent the past weekend making some headbands, but I took them today to fix them on the sewing machine. You see, I had made lots of little errors with the headbands because I was watching a movie..."Philadelphia Story" is simply great because of Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, and James Stewart. When they get thrown together into one movie, I simply don't know what to do with myself. Honestly, I don't. Maybe I do. Yeah. I make sewing mistakes. That's what I do.

Anyway, those headbands proved easy fixing. No trouble there. However, there was plenty of trouble with the sleeves. Keiko had me sew a sleeve on a dress, and let me tell you, it was not pretty. It looked just fine on the wrong side, but the right side had seams sticking out and a little hole at the base where I missed the fabric. Try as I might, I just couldn't fix it. Keiko came to the rescue and took care of it for me. The battle is not over yet. Sleeves will be conquered, eventually.

I also helped to package orders. One thing about owning a small business is getting to take care of each and every customer. Before each order was placed in its box, it was carefully wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a bow. Around Valentine's Day, Keiko put a valentine and a little candy inside each package. That is something special!

I even modeled clothes today for the Postlapsaria website! Wow, I did a little bit of everything today, didn't I? I think it is pretty fun to run out in short sleeves in 20 degree weather to get a picture taken.

Even after all of that, I still had time to work on my own projects. I'm just working on a few bows to send my sister down in Florida. I heard it was cold down there the past few days. I don't care. If it is warmer than 30 degrees, that's where I want to be. I lived in Florida all my life, so if there's one thing I hate, its cold weather. brrr...

No comments: