Sunday, March 22, 2009

That was not the first day of Spring...

I looked outside my window on Friday, and the only feeling that came over me was disappointment. Sigh. I cannot believe that it was snowing! It's the first day of Spring for crying out loud. It's not like I didn't have plans. My friend and I were planning to go to the park and write in our journals. Ever since starting this blog, I've been writing less and less in my journal, and I have so much to catch up on!

We cancelled our plans, but I had some work to do anyway. I laundered the new fabric that I had bought, and put it out to dry. I was busy packing for my weekend trip to Boston, and brought some bows to sew on the bus ride. Needless to say, I got them all done. I'd rather sew bows than read up for my classes...Besides, reading makes me carsick...too bad.

I think after figuring out the sewing machine, my first project will be constructing a bag using the dark green fabric that I had purchased. I'm also doing a small spray paint project on a green t-shirt. I wanted to spray paint a drum set on it, but the stencil I made was too small and complicated. I think I may spray paint a bunch of drumstick shapes all over the front. My only concern is that it will look too crafty and kindergarten-ish.

Coat: H&M
Shirt: Charlotte Russe
scarf:Gift from my cousin
Necklace: Gift from my mom
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: Dillard's
Boots: Nine West

No comments: