Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thrift

I'm giving one more work day for Keiko to recover. That doesn't mean I didn't have work to do. It just means I couldn't go visit. What's the first thing I always have to do for my internship? Oh yeah, look cute. I am still trying to live with my dull winter wardrobe, since all of my brighter weather clothes at at home in Florida.

Here I am!

Anyway, I decided to go thrift shopping to see if I could find anything that Keiko could help me reconstruct. This was way harder than it looked! I think it is because there weren't any big house dresses or vintage-type things there. It was all very up-to-date. I bought a few pieces that fit and didn't need altering.


I think I just need a little help when it comes to deciding what makes a good reconstruction piece. I really want to find a men's button down shirt so I can fix it up and make my friend look totally adorable! I have a couple projects being planned...


One thing about being a business student and working is that it is difficult to find time to do these types of projects. I've been meaning to go down to the basement sewing machine and learn how to use it. Needless to say, I have yet to set aside time to do that. The terrible thing is that I am not a procrastinator in any way. I go do the things that I want to do, and I get them done. However, I have been able to do a few hand sewing projects, like making some minor repairs to the red jacket I am wearing. I mean, I couldn't possibly go out in public with a button missing!



Tights: Uniqlo
Boots: Famous Footwear
Dress: Strawberry
Scarf: Brooklyn Flea
Bag: Nine West
Coat: Dillard's

No comments: