Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pack and Ship

Time is running out as I am simultaneously trying to pack all of my belongings to ship home (Yay! Florida!) and studying for my finals this week. It's been hectic, and I think all of the packing and boxes are driving me a little crazy, don't you think?

Among the chaos, I have been able to do a little sewing. Lindsay and I went to a show in Brooklyn the other day, and since I packed all of my clothes, I had nothing to wear. I reconstructed this men's shirt into a dress.

Since my last post, we have gone to Caracas two more times, and each time I attempted to order and converse with the waiter in Spanish. The waiter helps when I fumble for the right words, but I think he laughs even more at my effort. I don't mind, I think it's hilarious to listen to me speak Spanish too. I think it is so great that they appreciate me trying and wanting to learn and are having a fun time as I say funny things. The Spanish-speaking family sitting next to us even laughed at my attempts. I'm so heartbroken that I won't be able to go back for tres meses...

My sister is graduating from High school this weekend, and my brother from college. Here is my sister at Senior Prom. The theme was "Casa Blanca", and my mother made her dress from a vintage pattern. My mother sent up the fabric, and I made the flower pins to match.

I recently made two skirts for Lindsay, but I still haven't found time to have her model them. Right now, I'm hoping to finish two more skirts for another friend. I'm looking forward to working and sewing over the summer, so that I can help Keiko even more next semester!

Today was a little sad as Lindsay and I ate our last steamed pork bun (we love those things!), and Bobby came to pick up the serger that I had borrowed. Studying for exams was sad too...

No comments: