Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Day of School

When I was little, I used to plan my best outfit for the first day of school (actually, everyday)...and I still do. I was looking forward to warm weather, but the wind brought a little chill to the air that forced me to wear a sweater (I hope you know how much I hate having to find a summer sweater to match my summer dress at the last minute).
I'm at fashion school in New York City, studying for my Bachelor's degree in International Trade and Marketing for the fashion industry. The ITM department seems to have a lot to offer its students including semester field trips, trips abroad, and a lecture series. I just hope that I am able to take full advantage of these opportunities.
However, my time is limited this semester. Work-study takes up precious time in my schedule, but I guess I should be thankful to have a job, right? It's just that upon coming back, I haven't quite got it in my head that I'm in the city to study... Sure, I went to class today, but leaving with my first homework assignment was such a bummer. Oh well, I guess it's time to hit the books!

My outfit:
Dress: Marshalls
Sweater: I can't remember
Shoes: Daffy's
Bag: I made it!

No comments: